Monday, July 20, 2020

Famous Last Words on This Day in History


This day in history: Mexican revolutionary Pancho Villa died on this day in 1923. His famous last words were, “Don’t let it end like this. Tell them I said something.“ This got me thinking about other famous last words. Margaret Sanger’s last words were, “A party! Let’s have a party.” Louise-Marie-Thérèse de Saint Maurice, said, after flatulence: “Good. A woman who can fart is not dead.” Physicist Richard Feynman's last words were: “This dying is boring.” Murderer James W. Rodgers was put in front of a firing squad in Utah and asked if he had a last request. He replied, “Bring me a bullet-proof vest.” Convicted murderer Thomas J. Grasso used his last words to complain about his last meal. He said, “I did not get my Spaghetti-O’s; I got spaghetti. I want the press to know this.” When Groucho Marx was dying, he let out one last joke: “This is no way to live!”

Oddly enough, my favorite last words were by Steve Jobs: "Oh wow. Oh wow. Oh wow."

No comments:

Post a Comment