Friday, March 27, 2020

Campbell Soup on This Day in History (March 27)


This Day in History: American businessman Joseph A. Campbell who founded the Campbell Soup Company died on this day in 1900. At the time of his death Campbell's sold about 500,000 cans of soup per Year. By the early 1920s sales were about 18 million cans per week. Last week, I couldn't even find any on the shelves at my local store. The colors of Campbell's Soup labels come from the colors of the Cornell University football team. Andy Warhol's famous Campbell's Soup Cans art launched his pop art career...and he was a huge fan. He was quoted as saying, "I used to drink it. I used to have the same lunch every day, for 20 years, I guess, the same thing over and over."

Campbell's remains the best selling soup brand, ahead of Progresso, Nissin and Lipton. Campbell Soup is currently trading at $CPB at $42.69, holding relatively steady despite the market turmoil of late.

No comments:

Post a Comment