Wednesday, December 4, 2019

Burger King on This Day in History


This Day In History: The first Burger King opened in Miami, Florida on this day in 1954. The Whopper was developed 3 years later, and BK is now in 79 countries. Most people don't know that Burger King has a Secret Menu where you can buy the Suicide Burger which is four beef patties, four slices of cheese, bacon, and the special sauce between two sesame seed buns. There is also the mysterious Burger King Crown Card, a card that gives you anything at BK for free. However, there are only 12 in existence. Jay Leno has one of the cards and has a great story to tell about it: "So I order my food and the guy says, 'That's $11', I say, 'Fine, here you go' and hand him the card. His reaction was amazing. 'Whoa, where'd you get this?' He was not impressed that I was on The Tonight Show or even that I was driving a Porsche Carrera GT. He was more impressed with this piece of plastic."



No comments:

Post a Comment