Thursday, February 4, 2016

Zombies in the Bible



Join my Facebook Group

Visit my Theology blog at http://thesacredtext.blogspot.com/

Just for fun, I have listed some verses that seem to indicate that there were zombies in the Bible.

Matthew 27:51-53: "And the curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom, the earth shook, the rocks were split, the tombs were opened, and a number of bodies of the saints who slept the sleep of death rose up—they left the tombs after his resurrection and entered the holy city and appeared to a number of people." Moffatt New Testament

Revelation 20:5: "The rest of the dead did not come to life again till the thousand years were ended. This is the first coming back from the dead." The Bible in Basic English

Ezekiel 37:5: "Thus said the Lord Jehovah to these bones: Lo, I am bringing into you a spirit, and ye have lived" Young's Literal Translation

Daniel 12:2: "Many of those sleeping in the dust of the earth will awaken, some to everlasting life and some to everlasting shame and abhorrence." The Complete Jewish Bible

Zechariah 14:12: "And this shall be the plague where with Jehovah will smite all the peoples that have warred against Jerusalem: their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their sockets, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth." American Standard Version

John 6:53-57: "Believe me," Jesus answered, "unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man, and drink his blood, you have not Life within you. Those who take my flesh for their food, and drink my blood, have enduring Life; and I will raise them from death at the Last Day. For my flesh is true food, and my blood true drink. Those who take my flesh for their food, and drink my blood, are always in union with me, and I with them." 20th Century New Testament

Isaiah 26:19: "Your dead will live, their corpses will rise, and those who dwell in the dust will shout for joy. Your shadow is a shadow of light, but you will bring down the ghosts into the underworld." Common English Bible

Revelation 9:6: "And at that time people will seek death, but will by no possibility find it, and will long to die, but death evades them." Weymouth New Testament

1 Corinthians: 15:51-53 "Behold! I tell you a mystery. We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we shall be changed. For this perishable body must put on the imperishable, and this mortal body must put on immortality." English Standard Version

Ezekiel 37:7-10: "And 1 prophesied as I was commanded: and there will be a voice as I prophesied, and behold a shaking, the bones will draw near, bone to his bone. And I saw and behold, upon them sinews and flesh came up, and the skin will draw over them from above: and no spirit in them. And he will say to me, prophesy to the spirit, prophesy, son of man, and say to the spirit, thus said the Lord Jehovah: Come from the four winds, wind and blow upon these slain, and they shall live. And I prophesied as he commanded me, and the spirit will come upon them and they will live, and they will stand upon their feet, an army great, exceedingly, exceedingly." Julia Smith Bible

Isaiah 13:6-8: "Wail, for the day of the LORD is near; as destruction from the Almighty it will come! Therefore all hands will be feeble, and every man's heart will melt, and they will be dismayed. Pangs and agony will seize them; they will be in anguish like a woman in travail. They will look aghast at one another; their faces will be aflame." Revised Standard Version

Luke 24:5: "And as they were afraid, and bowed down their faces to the earth, they said unto them, Why seek ye the living among the dead?" King James Version

Jeremiah 19:9: "And they shall eat the flesh of their sons, and the flesh of their daughters, and everyone eat the flesh of his friend in the siege and distress with which their enemies who seek
their lives shall oppress them." Ferrar Fenton Bible

John 11:43,44: "And when he had said this, he cried out in a loud voice, 'Lazarus, come out!' The dead man came out, tied hand and foot with burial bands, and his face was wrapped in a cloth. So Jesus said to them, 'Untie him and let him go.'" New American Bible

Before the Bible: "I will knock down the Gates of the Netherworld, I will smash the door posts, and leave the doors flat down, and will let the dead go up to eat the living! And the dead will outnumber the living!" The Epic of Gilgamesh

For a list of all of my disks, with links click here

No comments:

Post a Comment